Do you feel nervous at the thought of visiting the dentist? Well, you’re not alone! Dental anxiety is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. But don’t worry; there are ways to alleviate your fears and make your dental visit a more positive experience. Our dentist in Mishawaka, IN, is undoubtedly the best! Dr. Mike Hewlett, Dr. Andrew Zaremba, and our team offer an innovative, effective patient-centric plan that guarantees the best, safest, and most comfortable treatment.
Tips and Tricks
We want you to be as comfortable, safe, and relaxed as possible! Let’s go over our dentist-approved tips and tricks for visiting dentistry. Here’s how:
- Communication is Key: Let us know about your anxiety before and during the procedure. We’ll provide extra care and support and ensure maximum comfort. Dr. Mike Hewlett, Dr. Andrew Zaremba, and our fantastic team will cheer for you every step of the way and have your best interests at heart. We operate as your cheerleading squad and as your professional caretaker. It’s a win-win situation!
- Listen to Music, Podcasts, or Audiobooks: Distracting yourself with music or audiobooks can help ease your mind and remove your focus from the procedure. Even though our treatments aren’t painful, listening to your favorite albums will make the process more enjoyable! We may even ask you to play music for the clinic if you have perfect picks.
- Deep Breaths: Deep breathing and relaxation techniques can help lower your heart rate and calm your nerves. Keep calm with deep, calculated breaths, and remember that everything will be alright! You’re not alone. Thousands of similar procedures are performed each day across the world.
- Use Visualization Techniques: Visualize yourself in a peaceful, calming environment to reduce stress and anxiety. Similarly, meditation can also lower pressure and relax your muscles.
- Consider Sedation Dentistry: If you experience severe anxiety, sedation dentistry is an option that can help you relax and feel comfortable during the procedure. Our office offers Sedation options for dental treatment.
- Bring Something: Holding onto a stress ball or fidget toy can provide a physical outlet for your anxiety. Whether it’s a fidget spinner, body pillow, or your favorite blanket, we promise we won’t judge.
- Use Aromatherapy: Certain scents like lavender or peppermint can help calm the nerves and reduce stress. Use lavender-scented shampoo the morning before, or use a similar body oil. Give yourself every reason to relax and remain calm.
- Befriend the Dentist: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can help you build trust with your dentist, making it easier to feel comfortable during more involved procedures. After all, visiting the dentist when they’re also your pal is much easier!
- Take Breaks: Taking short breaks to rest and relax during more lengthy procedures can help ease anxiety and tension. Take a moment to walk outside, get some fresh air, or scroll through social media. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Reward Yourself: Plan a fun activity or treat after the procedure, giving you something to look forward to! Call up some old friends, grab a juicy hamburger, or binge-watch that show you’ve been eyeing on Netflix. Either way, it’s going to be a blast!
Dentist in Mishawaka, IN
If you’re still anxious about visiting us, remember you’re not alone. Many people experience dental anxiety, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. These tips and tricks can help alleviate your fears and help you have a more positive experience at our clinic. So schedule that appointment; your teeth will thank you! With these tips, you should start looking forward to your next dental visit. Dr. Mike Hewlett, Dr. Andrew Zaremba, and our team are excited to help.
Are you ready to aim for the stars and achieve that dream smile? Schedule an appointment today to kick off your journey. We also offer cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry in Mishawaka, Indiana.